EurAupair is dedicated to providing the best Exchange Experience
Why EurAupair is the Best:
- The security that comes from association with one of the most respected international exchange organizations.
- Traveling from a convenient home country gateway all the way to your homestay community and full return travel.
- Attending EurAupair's "Au Pair Workshop" in New York City, with instruction in child safety, development, and cross-cultural topics, and all expenses included (room, meals, bus transfers, instructional materials, etc).
- Comprehensive medical, travel and accidental death and personal liability coverage. As EurAupair's insurance is complete there is no need to purchase additional insurance coverage.
- A caring EurAupair Community Counselor, who genuinely enjoys meeting and helping au pairs.
- A regular schedule of social, cultural and recreational activities with other au pairs.
- EurAupair organized cultural activities twice a year.
- Attending classes that will help you learn about American culture with American students. Host families will pay up to 500 U.S. dollars for school fees, text books and materials.
- EurAupair's quarterly newsletter.
- Choosing the departure month that's best for you.
- Placement with a carefully selected EurAupair host family.
The EurAupair "Au Pair Workshop" in New York City
Upon arrival in the USA, EurAupair au pairs spend time in New York City before heading off to their homestay communities. Much of this time will be spent participating in the EurAupair "Au Pair Workshop," taught by experienced instructors.
EurAupair au pairs receive a textbook on child care and development
full of information and advice necessary for participating in the
Workshop. Instruction will include child safety and injury prevention,
as well as basic first aid.
In addition, you will learn about various child development stages with emphasis on techniques that promote a successful relationship between you and the children of your host family.
You and other arriving au pairs will begin adjusting to life in America right away. You'll get to practice your English with the help of other au pairs and EurAupair Au pair Workshop staff members. By the end of your stay, you'll feel more confident and eager to meet your new family at last.
Sightseeing in New York
Although you will be actively involved in interesting and helpful learning activities during your EurAupair "Au Pair Workshop" you will have an opportunity to see many of New York's famous sights such as the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Broadway, Times Square, Fifth Avenue, Central Park and more.
EurAupair Community Counselors
Your EurAupair Community Counselor will hold an orientation meeting for you soon after you arrive in your homestay community and will contact you regularly throughout the year. She'll give you information about resources available in your community and ideas for classes you can take. Your Community Counselor will plan regular get-togethers and activities for you and other au pairs in the area, and special EurAupair "cultural events." Your EurAupair Community Counselor is someone who can help you adjust to your new life, meet other au pairs and resolve any difficulties you and your host family cannot handle on your own.
EurAupair Community Counselors volunteer their time because they genuinely like young people and believe in the value of cultural exchange. Your EurAupair Community Counselor can help make your EurAupair program year the best ever.
What It's Like to be a EurAupair Au Pair in the USA
When you become a EurAupair au pair, you will:
- Usually be placed in a major American city or its suburbs, with all of the educational, cultural and entertainment resources these metropolitan areas offer.
- Have your own furnished bedroom in your host family's home.
- Receive 195.75 U.S. dollars weekly pocket money.
- Have two weeks vacation, with pocket money.
- Receive a legal J-1 exchange visitor program visa.
- Participate in a EurAupair orientation meeting conducted by your local Community Counselor.
- Benefit from the support of the EurAupair staff and Community Counselor.
- Be given a EurAupair Au Pair Handbook.
- Be able to take the "13th month" to travel and explore the USA.
- Spend a year in America legally, with a U.S. Government designated cultural exchange program.
- Have an opportunity to extend the program with your host family for an additional 6 or 12 months.
Becoming a EurAupair au pair exchange program participant gives you more than knowledge about America, its language and culture. A year abroad teaches you about building friendships, taking responsibility for yourself, respecting differences and tolerating the beliefs of others.
"EurAupair Par Expérience Program" - Additional Rewards for Additional Child Care Experience or Knowledge
If you are at least 20 years old (but have not turned 27) upon departure and have at least 2 years of full time child care experience or are a certificated child care provider or hold a kindergarten or elementary school teaching degree, you can become a EurAupair Par Expérience Program applicant. If you are chosen by a family who requests a more experienced and / or knowledgeable au pair, you will receive the following:
- 250 U.S. Dollars in weekly pocket money.
- 600 U.S. Dollars bonus (upon successful completion of your Au Pair Par Expérience program)
- An opportunity to gain valuable experience in your specialized vocation and earn extra spending money.