Looking for an Au Pair in Baltimore, Maryland?
With over 30 years of experience, EurAupair was one of the first au pair programs to become designated by the U. S. Department of State to legally sponsor au pairs to come to the United States, and has placed tens of thousands of au pairs across the country including in the Baltimore area.
Au pairs are young women from foreign countries who live in your home in exchange for providing child care. When you host an au pair in Baltimore, they pursue their own education while also teaching your children about their home countries and even helping your kids learn a foreign language. An au pair stays for a year and then returns home, becoming an extension of your family abroad.
EurAupair is an affordable child care option, making it a real value for such flexible, loving, in-home care. And, unlike other forms of child care, the fee is for children of all ages, and per family - not per child.
Using EurAupair as Your Baltimore Au Pair Agency
EurAupair is a non-profit program that works tirelessly to help American families place with caring, responsible and kind au pairs from all over the world. Our 30-year history has allowed us to develop strong partnerships with agencies across the globe. These international organizations help us find the best caregivers for your family's personal needs.
When you're a part of our program, we'll be there every step of the way with clear communication and reliability. We know that you need to trust and believe in the au pair you've invited into your home and who takes care of your children, which is why we work so hard to help you find the perfect match.
Additionally, our affordability sets us apart from other au pair agencies. We aim to help you find an au pair who will make your life easier and act as a caring role model and caregiver for your children.
The Benefits of an Au Pair
While you're looking for the best child care option for your family, you must consider the benefits of each type. Having an au pair is a rewarding and incomparable choice. Here are just a few of the benefits of hosting an au pair in your home:
- Ease: With any other type of child care, you have to take your child to your provider or wait for them to come to you. When you have an au pair, they live right in your house.
- Adaptability: With other types of child care, you have to follow the schedules of others. Daycare centers are open only certain hours, and even babysitters often have other obligations. With an au pair, you have a much greater say in your schedule. This flexibility allows you do attend appointments, run errands and complete other tasks if you need to.
- Cultural exchange: The most distinct aspect of having an au pair is embracing another culture. Learning about a culture that's different from their own is an important opportunity for your children — it can help them become more empathetic and understanding as they grow up. Your au pair has the same chance!
Why Choose Au Pairs in Baltimore for Child Care?
Baltimore au pairs provide a solution to a problem for a rising number of families — how to find affordable child care that fits in with their hectic lives. Between your demanding schedule at work and your kids' extracurricular activities, such as sports practices and lessons, you feel the squeeze of being busy every day. Wouldn't you love to add someone to your family who could assist with managing that active calendar?
Using our au pair agency in Baltimore is precisely the answer you're looking for. Employing a nanny or a babysitter is too expensive for your family. You need a more affordable option that still provides the care and support you need. Au pairs live in your home and offer the round-the-clock help you need to get your children to their activities on time while allowing you to tend to your own commitments.
Hosting an au pair is a rising trend across the United States as people recognize not just the convenience of this arrangement but also the great benefits for their children. In a more globalized world, children need to learn about other cultures and build knowledge of other languages. Adding an au pair to your home gives your children a first-person source to answer all their questions about living abroad and to speak with them in their native tongue. No wonder au pairs are so popular!
Are you ready to learn more about how to become a host family? Fill out our online application and begin the process of finding an au pair today.
Local Support From EurAupair Community Counselors
Following the receipt of your application form, a local Community Counselor from the Baltimore area will be assigned to your family. The Community Counselor is available to answer any questions and provide assistance to both you and your au pair throughout your year together.
"I am not just a Community Counselor, I'm a Host Mom too! I believe that my hands on approach has evolved from my experiences hosting au pairs in my own home. I know how important it is to have a Community Counselor who is proactive, approachable and knowledgeable. Providing support for families and giving them the tools that are vital for a successful year is what I love most about being a Community Counselor. I can't wait for you to welcome a new member into your family and am ready to help every step of the way!" from Community Counselor Candace Klepacz.
Some examples of monthly au pair meetings in the area include: Aquarium, visit museums, Washington Monument, Maryland Zoo, shopping, meet for coffee.
Education for Your Au Pair in Baltimore
U.S. government regulations require that au pairs be provided with opportunities for cultural and educational enrichment. Au pairs must complete six units of academic coursework at an accredited, post-secondary institution. Whatever interests your au pair has, she'll surely find some perfect courses that will challenge her and educate her about a number of different topics.
Here are some institutions in the area your au pair may consider:
Local Activities for Your Au Pair and Your Child(ren)
Baltimore is a diverse, exciting town with activities that will keep your child engaged and informed. The city is easy to navigate using public transportation, which will teach your au pair and your kids about self-sufficiency. You can find so many places for your au pair to take your children — they will never run out of areas to explore.
Plus, your au pair can also bring your children places you have always meant to take them but didn't have the time. Fitting everything into your busy schedule is such a challenge. Adding an au pair can help your children see things they would have otherwise missed in their home city.
Find some places your kids will want to visit again and again. Going to Inner Harbor, located right on the water in Baltimore, never gets old. With new entertainers every day and an ever-changing array of shops and activities, this place will quickly become a favorite destination for your au pair and the kids. They can hit the National Aquarium, too. Other fun activities in Baltimore include:
- Port Discovery Children's Museum: Bringing your children to the Port Discovery Children's Museum will let them explore their favorite subjects and learn about new things. With interactive exhibits and special events, there's always fun to be had at this museum. Whether your children love being active or exploring the arts or science, they'll have a blast here. And your au pair will have a great time too.
- Maryland Zoo: Lemurs, snakes, elephants, giraffes, bears and more await you at the Maryland Zoo. You, your children and your au pair will have a great day out to bond while you stroll around, get some fresh air and see several amazing animals. This destination is perfect for people of all ages. They even offer special events, giving you the chance to have a unique experience.
- Six Flags: If your family is up for a bit of adventure, bring them out to Six Flags! From speedy roller coasters to splashing water slides, be sure to plan a family trip to this exciting park. Go on some exciting rides and get your adrenaline pumping as you fly through the air. To cool off, stop by the water park and take a relaxing dip.
Useful Information for Your Au Pair
Looking for an Au Pair in Bethesda, Rockville or another state ?