Looking for an Au Pair in Minneapolis, Minnesota?
With over 30 years of experience, EurAupair was one of the first au pair programs to become designated by the U. S. Department of State to legally sponsor au pairs to come to the United States and has placed tens of thousands of au pairs across the country including in the Minneapolis area.
EurAupair is an affordable childcare option, making it a real value for such flexible, loving, in-home care. And, unlike other forms of child care, the fee is for children of all ages, and per family - not per child.
The Advantages of an Au Pair
Finding the perfect childcare option that works best for you and your children can be tough. Your decision will depend on you and your family's schedules, your children's personalities and more. You have to compare different options. Here are just a few of the benefits of having an au pair instead of other child care options:
- In-home convenience: With almost every other type of child care, you have to travel to your provider. It doesn't matter if you're running late for work, you have a child who's sick or there's pouring rain. With an au pair, she lives with your family. You don't have to worry about transporting your children or making extra stops.
- Cultural education: Probably the biggest benefit of having an au pair is the exchange of culture. You, your family and your au pair have the opportunity to learn about a new culture, an opportunity that you would not be able to get otherwise. Teaching your children about other cultures helps them become more empathetic and educated about differences among people and regions.
- Flexibility: With other childcare methods, you have to follow the schedule of your provider. When you have an au pair, you have more control over your time. Your au pair may also be available to help with other routine tasks around your home as long as they are related to the children.
Why Choose EurAupair as Your Minnesota Au Pair Agency?
If you're looking to find an au pair for your family in Minnesota, you'll be happy to know that EurAupair is a trusted, reliable agency that will assist you in matching with the perfect person for your family's needs. We're a non-profit agency that's designated by the U.S. Department of State to legally place au pairs in homes across the country. We provide reliable, personal service to ensure that the matching and placement process goes as smoothly as possible.
During our 30-year history, we've developed strong, positive relationships with overseas organizations. We trust these long-standing partners to help connect your family with loving, fun and dependable au pairs from around the world. We care about helping you find a great au pair you can invite to become a part of your family.
Local Support From EurAupair Community Counselors
Following the receipt of your application form, a local Community Counselor from the Minneapolis area will be assigned to your family. The Community Counselor is available to answer any questions and provide assistance to both you and your au pair throughout your year together.
"I have been a Community Counselor in the Minneapolis Area for almost 17 years. I have found it most rewarding to be able to mentor these young women while at the same time learning about their cultures. I have gained friends from all around the world and built relationships that will last a lifetime." from Community Counselor Debra N.
Some examples of monthly au pair meetings in the area include: Coffee at local coffee shops, Mall of America, and sporting events at local universities.
Education for Your Au Pair
U.S. government regulations require that au pairs be provided with opportunities for cultural and educational enrichment. Au pairs must complete six units of academic coursework at an accredited, post-secondary institution.
Here are some institutions in the area your au pair may consider:
Local Activities for Your Au Pair and your Child(ren)
- Minnesota Zoo: If your children love animals, the Minnesota Zoo is a must-visit. Your au pair can point out any animals that are native to their home country and see some animals that are native to the United States. The zoo also regularly puts on special events throughout the year that are definitely worth checking out.
- Minnesota Children's Museum: After the Minnesota Children's Museum, the au pair will share that your children felt like they were just having fun, but they'll actually learn a lot at the same time! There are all kinds of different activities for children of all ages and interests. Each of your children is sure to find something they'll love during the visit.
- Nickelodeon Universe: Your family's favorite Nickelodeon characters will come to life at this colorful theme park within the Mall of America. From Dora the Explorer to Avatar: The Last Airbender, your children will love seeing their favorite characters while exploring all the things to do here. There are also tons of fun and exciting rides that your au pair and your children will enjoy together.
Useful Information for Your Au Pair