- Au Pair Schedule 101
- Single Parents Can Reduce Stress with Au Pairs in America
- Au Pair vs Nanny vs Day Care
- How An Au Pair Fits Into Routines
- A Great and Affordable Child Care Solution
- Words From Our Au Pair Community Counselors
- Why an Au Pair is much more than a Nanny?
Au Pair vs Nanny vs Day Care
Are you thinking of hosting an au pair? See all the benefits of selecting a EurAupair au pair compared to other child care services!
- Affordable, with a low average weekly cost.
- Reliable, with on-going support and EurAupair's 12-Month Au Pair Commitment.
- Flexible, allowing you to create your own schedule and to deal with the unexpected.
- All this combined with Cultural Exchange, as you and your child(ren) learn about another country.
|Comparing Child Care Options|
|Au Pair||Nanny||Day Care|
|Cost||Roughly $361/week. Per family, not per child!||Average $700/week. Cost depends on number of children, geographic region, etc||Average $900/week. Cost depends on number of children, geographic region, etc|
|Flexibility||Create your own child care schedule: Au pair is available during sick/snow days and emergency situations||Lack of night or weekend coverage||Inflexible schedules, set hours; no child care when children are sick|
|Cultural Exchange||Host family learns about au pair's culture, home country and language||Varies||Varies. Family is most likely not exposed to different culture|
|Assistance with Household Chores||Help with childrens' laundry, meal preparation, tidying childrens' rooms||Household chores may be included in nanny's duties for additional fees||NO|
|Year-long Support||Ongoing support through local community Counselor & 24/7 emergency phone service||NO||NO|