- The Four Major Benefits of EurAupair's Au Pair Program in America
- Lorena Simon - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2018
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- You Know You're An Au Pair In The USA When...
- Home Sweet Home: How To Cope With Reverse Culture Shock
- Former Au Pair Mette Sharing Her Year as an Au Pair!
- Former Au Pairs... Where Are They Now?!
- Karina Kolbe - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2017
- New Year's Resolutions for Au Pairs in the U.S.
- Au Pair Holiday Gift Ideas for Host Families
- An Au Pair Guide to Thanksgiving - An American Tradition
- Tricks and Treats to Enjoying Halloween With Your Host Siblings
- When One Gap Year Ended Into the Best 4 Years of My Life
- Former Au Pair and Community Counselor Laetitia Mouton’s Story
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Summer Fun With The Kids
- Au Pair Story - Farm Life
- EurAupair's 2016 National Month of Giving
- Money Management for Au Pairs
- Glossary: Understanding the Au Pair Lingo
- Elise Ducam - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2016
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- 7 Facts about the EurAupair NYC Workshop
- Surviving Snow Days as an Au Pair in America
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- My Time with my American Family!
- Jacqueline Maersch - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2015
- True American Experience for Au Pair Jennifer
- My 21 Months in the USA
- Quick Overview of American Holidays
- Svenja Kupke - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2013
- French Au Pair Emilie’s Story
- EurAupair Au Pair Awarded IAPA Au Pair of the Year
- Au Pair Alice Shares Her Experience
- Advantages of Becoming an Au Pair
Former Au Pair and Community Counselor Laetitia Mouton’s Story
Baseball…the great American pastime! Every au pair in the USA has their little, or huge, bucket list! As a former au pair, I have a clear idea of what kind of activities au pairs are excited about. Playing baseball is definitely on most bucket lists. It’s a typical activity and can be very exciting to discover while in America.
Americans love baseball. We saw baseball everywhere, and Americans support baseball as much as we support soccer in other countries. They are crazy about baseball! So, it was time for the EurAupair au pairs to play this game at Tampa’s August meeting.
The group showed up very excited and determined to play ball on August 28th. While enjoying some popcorn and conversation, we were getting ready for a fun afternoon. It seems so easy when we see other people playing baseball. We all took turns trying to play like Derek Jeter - a famous Yankee player - but that Sunday, it was a different story…
Bats in hand, and helmets on, we got in position and focused on the ball coming toward us. We tried to hit the ball, and tried, and tried… It is really not easy! And when we hit the ball with the bat, all the vibrations from the hit came back to our hands, and went all through our body. Ouch! We were all very surprised by the pain in our hands, and now it’s clear why baseball players wear gloves when they bat.
We had such a good time! A lot of pictures / videos were taken, and a lot of laughs were shared. The girls bonded and created a solid link by discovering another aspect of the American culture together. Cheers to another exceptional adventure of being an Au pair in the USA!