- Affordable Child Care Alternatives
- Things to Do With Your Toddler in Los Angeles
- Neila Maria Santana Costa - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2019
- EurAupair: Culturally Enriching, Convenient, and Affordable for 30 Years
- The Four Major Benefits of EurAupair's Au Pair Program in America
- Lorena Simon - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2018
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- Home Sweet Home: How To Cope With Reverse Culture Shock
- Former Au Pair Mette Sharing Her Year as an Au Pair!
- Former Au Pairs... Where Are They Now?!
- Karina Kolbe - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2017
- New Year's Resolutions for Au Pairs in the U.S.
- Au Pair Holiday Gift Ideas for Host Families
- An Au Pair Guide to Thanksgiving - An American Tradition
- Tricks and Treats to Enjoying Halloween With Your Host Siblings
- When One Gap Year Ended Into the Best 4 Years of My Life
- Former Au Pair and Community Counselor Laetitia Mouton’s Story
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Summer Fun With The Kids
- Au Pair Story - Farm Life
- EurAupair's 2016 National Month of Giving
- Money Management for Au Pairs
- Glossary: Understanding the Au Pair Lingo
- Elise Ducam - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2016
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- 7 Facts about the EurAupair NYC Workshop
- Surviving Snow Days as an Au Pair in America
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- My Time with my American Family!
- Jacqueline Maersch - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2015
- True American Experience for Au Pair Jennifer
- My 21 Months in the USA
- Quick Overview of American Holidays
- Svenja Kupke - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2013
- French Au Pair Emilie’s Story
- EurAupair Au Pair Awarded IAPA Au Pair of the Year
- Au Pair Alice Shares Her Experience
- Advantages of Becoming an Au Pair
True American Experience for Au Pair Jennifer
By Host Mother Wendie Cook
During the Fall Foliage Festival in Canadian, TX, all businesses, schools and community facilities gathered together to support the city's biggest tourist event of the year. EurAupair Community Counselors Carla Haygood and Linda Rader, along with the Tony Cook family, hosting au pair Jennifer Glocker from Germany, offered their hands and feet to support this community-wide project. One of the highlights of the weekend was hosting SSG Travis Mills, one of only 5 surviving quad-amputees from Afghanistan, who sustained threatening injuries while serving his 3rd tour of duty.
SSG Travis Mills was hosted by The Citadelle Art Foundation for a weekend full of events which included school speaking engagements, recognition by local Congressmen, private dinners, a documentary film screening, interviews and visits by WWII veterans, flag ceremonies by the veteran Patriot Guard Riders, and much more.
The Cook family and community counselors, and their families, were at the center of all of events as the host mom serves as director of The Citadelle. The full group volunteered at the museum during the day, introducing the American hero and telling his story to more than 600 visitors to the community and helped with meals for the veteran. Jenni and the kids also helped to host SSG at the boys's schools. The family even hosted their previous au pair, Laura Ellebrecht, to participate in the weekend events. In addition, the group served as ambassadors to Canadian, TX during the opening ceremonies of the high-school football game in a rival community as US Congressman Mac Thornberry's office recognized Travis Mills by presenting him with an American Flag flown in his honor over the United States Capitol.
The groups weekend participation throughout the community served as a wonderful example to highlight our community's patriotism, and served as a wonderful, true American experience for Jennifer as she was side-by-side working with an American war veteran.
Jennifer Glocker, Laura Ellebrecht, and Wendie Cook