- Neila Maria Santana Costa - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2019
- EurAupair: Culturally Enriching, Convenient, and Affordable for 30 Years
- The Four Major Benefits of EurAupair's Au Pair Program in America
- Lorena Simon - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2018
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- Home Sweet Home: How To Cope With Reverse Culture Shock
- Former Au Pair Mette Sharing Her Year as an Au Pair!
- Former Au Pairs... Where Are They Now?!
- Karina Kolbe - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2017
- New Year's Resolutions for Au Pairs in the U.S.
- Au Pair Holiday Gift Ideas for Host Families
- An Au Pair Guide to Thanksgiving - An American Tradition
- Tricks and Treats to Enjoying Halloween With Your Host Siblings
- When One Gap Year Ended Into the Best 4 Years of My Life
- Former Au Pair and Community Counselor Laetitia Mouton’s Story
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Summer Fun With The Kids
- Au Pair Story - Farm Life
- EurAupair's 2016 National Month of Giving
- Money Management for Au Pairs
- Glossary: Understanding the Au Pair Lingo
- Elise Ducam - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2016
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- 7 Facts about the EurAupair NYC Workshop
- Surviving Snow Days as an Au Pair in America
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- My Time with my American Family!
- Jacqueline Maersch - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2015
- True American Experience for Au Pair Jennifer
- My 21 Months in the USA
- Quick Overview of American Holidays
- Svenja Kupke - EurAupair Au Pair of the Year 2013
- French Au Pair Emilie’s Story
- EurAupair Au Pair Awarded IAPA Au Pair of the Year
- Au Pair Alice Shares Her Experience
- Advantages of Becoming an Au Pair
Surviving Snow Days as an Au Pair in America
As an au pair in America, there are many activities you can do with the children on a regular day. However, when the children are stuck at home during the proverbial "Snow Day", how will you survive? Although your options may be limited, continue reading for a few of EurAupair’s top ways to get through snow days.
Warm Up with a Bake Off
One of the top ways to entertain the children on snow days is to warm up with an international bake off. Treat the children to some of your favorite childhood snacks, which give the opportunity to teach them about your heritage.
Build a Living Room Fort
Since children love ditching normal routines, it's a great idea to create a living room fort or an indoor campsite. Simply turn off the lights, grab a few sleeping bags, and sit around and swap stories. You can take it one step further and build forts by using blankets, sheets, and pillows!
Make Magazine Mosaics
Another awesome idea is to make magazine mosaics. Start off with a scavenger hunt to collect several old magazines. Then, help the children cut out various colors from the pages into smaller squares. Next, draw a design on a Styrofoam or paper plate. Finally, use a paintbrush and glue the squares to create colorful mosaic.
Create a Snowman Inside
One of the top qualifications for an au pair in America is creativity, especially on snow days. Instead of freezing outside building snowmen, you can do so in the comfort of the home with marshmallows or cotton balls. Start by drawing an outline of a snowman on construction paper, trace glue on the outside of each circle, and place the marshmallows or cotton balls on the glue. Finally, name the snowman and find materials from around the house to add detail, such as yarn or felt for the scarf.
Another great way for au pairs in America to get through snow days is by reading stories. Either you can let the children pick out their favorite stories, or you can read them one of your favorite childhood stories.
Hide and Seek
On a normal day, most parents would be against playing hide and seek inside. However, since it's a snow day, a game of indoor hide and seek should be okay.
Card and Board Games
Whether it's Life, Monopoly, or a game of Go Fish, board games and card games are excellent ways of passing the time with laughter and fun.