- Au Pair Gift Ideas
- Establishing Ground Rules With Your Au Pair
- Au Pair Host Family Story: The Brown Family
- EurAupair: Culturally Enriching, Convenient, and Affordable for 30 Years
- Au Pair and Pet Care | Can an Au Pair Care for Pets?
- Tips For Transitioning From One Au Pair To Another
- How to Prepare For and Conduct an Au Pair Telephone Interview?
- Can My Au Pair Drive?
- How to Prepare for an Au Pair?
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- The Ultimate Au Pair Guide
- Why Host An Au Pair | Question to Consider When Choosing to Host
- How To Get The Best Of The Cultural Exchange With The Host Children
- How to Help Your Au Pair Adjust to a New Culture
- Au Pairs: A Solution for Military Families
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Amy & Luke
- Safety Tips to Consider Before Hosting an Au Pair
- 5 Steps to Finding the Perfect Au Pair
- How to Help Your Homesick Au Pair
- What Can And Can't Your Community Counselor Do?
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Au Pair Summer Schedule
- How to Travel With Your Au Pair
- 6-Steps to Welcome your Au Pair
- Au Pair Schedule 101
- FAQ on Au Pairs Driving in the U.S.
- Host Family Guide to a Successful Year
- Single Parents Can Reduce Stress with Au Pairs in America
- Enrich The Lives of Your Family Through Cultural Exchange with an Au Pair Agency
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Christine & John
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- Hosting an Au Pair: True or False
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- Welcoming Your Au Pair
- 7 Au Pair Facts
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kelly & Micha
- Why Choose EurAupair
- The Second Au Pair Syndrome
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kati & George
- EurAupair Host Families Reviews
Au Pairs: A Solution for Military Families
Many military families have different child care needs. One or both parents can be on duty, deployed or required to travel. Every day, American military families are serving our country and Euraupair is thankful to support them and honor their commitment by offering a $600 discount off the program fees.*
How Can An Au Pair Benefit A Military Family?
With an au pair, families have up to 45 hours of child care per week, so if the parents are on a night assignment, a spouse deployment or travel, the flexibility of an au pair is more convenient. If the families are required to move to another base, they won't have to look for a different care giver. When the work hours of the military parent don't match with the local day care center, or the number of children in the family makes other forms of child care cost prohibitive, an au pair is the best option.
Cultural Immersion & Meeting Individual Needs
The au pair can give a one of a kind social outlook to their host family, including their language, culture, and way of life while the military family can provide the au pair with knowledge of American customs and history.
Au pairs are more than child care providers; they are role models, big sisters and friends.
Your children will also benefit from this rich cross-cultural experience for years to come.
Facts about Military Families
Military families relocate 10 times more often than civilian families - on average, every 2 or 3 years
Since 2001, more than 2 million American children have had a parent deployed at least once
Sometimes. both parents get deployed at the same time: there are roughly 84,000 dual-military couples in the U.S.. and about 36.000 of them have kids
Military children are twice as likely to join the military as civilian children
*Please refer to our Fees & Costs page for an updated list of discounts and promotions