- Establishing Ground Rules With Your Au Pair
- Au Pair Host Family Story: The Brown Family
- EurAupair: Culturally Enriching, Convenient, and Affordable for 30 Years
- Au Pair and Pet Care | Can an Au Pair Care for Pets?
- Tips For Transitioning From One Au Pair To Another
- How to Prepare For and Conduct an Au Pair Telephone Interview?
- Can My Au Pair Drive?
- How to Prepare for an Au Pair?
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- The Ultimate Au Pair Guide
- Why Host An Au Pair | Question to Consider When Choosing to Host
- How To Get The Best Of The Cultural Exchange With The Host Children
- How to Help Your Au Pair Adjust to a New Culture
- Au Pairs: A Solution for Military Families
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Amy & Luke
- Safety Tips to Consider Before Hosting an Au Pair
- 5 Steps to Finding the Perfect Au Pair
- Four Ways to Help with Homesickness When You Host an Au Pair This Holiday Season
- What Can And Can't Your Community Counselor Do?
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Au Pair Summer Schedule
- Taking Your Au pair On Vacation
- 6-Steps to Welcome your Au Pair
- Au Pair Schedule 101
- FAQ on Au Pairs Driving in the U.S.
- Host Family Guide to a Successful Year
- Single Parents Can Reduce Stress with Au Pairs in America
- Enrich The Lives of Your Family Through Cultural Exchange with an Au Pair Agency
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Christine & John
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- Hosting an Au Pair: True or False
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- Welcoming Your Au Pair
- 7 Au Pair Facts
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kelly & Micha
- Why Choose EurAupair
- The Second Au Pair Syndrome
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kati & George
- EurAupair Host Families Reviews
Au Pair Host Family Story: Kelly & Micha
By Kelly (and Micha, Erik, Max & Milly), EurAupair Host Family
Let me tell you about our phenomenal au pair, Jacky. She joined us in August 2013, and from the very beginning has been an integral part of our family.
When I decided to return to teaching and attend graduate school full-time, it made sense for us to welcome an au pair into our home to help care for our three young children. We knew it would take a very special person to join our family, and we have been continually astounded at our good fortune to have matched with Jacky.
Despite some challenging behavior from our oldest son with a mild form of Autism Spectrum Disorder, she has never exhibited anything but patience and tenderness toward our children. In fact, she is the friendliest and most easy-going person you will ever encounter, making friends nearly anywhere she goes.
She has immersed herself also into our community as a volunteer with the local fire department. As the daughter of a fire chief, she has always been involved in fire and rescue, so it seemed natural to her to do the same in her adopted home. In her free time, she has spent countless hours in EMT training classes, spending Friday overnight shifts on-call at the station, and volunteering with whatever else her station might need.
Jacky consistently wows us with her artistic talents as she shares her German culture. The first week she was with us, she made our oldest son a “Schultuete” for his first day of school. This Christmas, she created a monogrammed advent calendar with some fabric, a sewing machine, and scrap pieces of wood. She keeps our children continually engaged in baking projects, outings, and crafts, which really make holidays come to life in our home.
Jacky always goes above and beyond the call of duty. Beyond remembering details that elude me, like Show & Tell Day, Library Day, or signing us up for items to bring to class parties, she prioritizes our family’s needs. She decided to cancel her plans one night when I was having an allergic reaction so that she could be there to help “just in case” I needed to go to the emergency room.
Jacky is a person who enjoys life and exudes enthusiasm, love, and compassion. She is not just a great au pair; she is an extraordinary person. Our au pair experience has been nothing short of amazing because of Jacky.