- From our Community Counselors: What impact on your life has EurAupair made?
- How Do Au Pair Programs Work?
- Stories of Au Pairs and Host Families During COVID-19
- Things to Do With Your Toddler in NY
- Snow Day Child Care: The Rising Solution for Budget-Savvy Parents
- 5 Winter Activities Your Au Pair and Children Will Both Love
- How to Thrive With a Live In Nanny in Washington D.C.
- Make Your Au Pair Feel at Home During the Holidays
- Edna Imbachi Guaca - Au Pair of the Year 2020
- Five Steps to Take When Issues Arise
- Affordable Child Care Alternatives
- Top Five Benefits of Hosting an Au Pair
- Au Pairs Versus a Nanny
- Host an Au Pair
- Cooking With Your Au Pair
- Things to Do With Your Toddler in Los Angeles
- Au Pair Gift Ideas
- Establishing Ground Rules With Your Au Pair
- Au Pair Host Family Story: The Brown Family
- EurAupair: Culturally Enriching, Convenient, and Affordable for 30 Years
- Au Pair and Pet Care | Can an Au Pair Care for Pets?
- Tips For Transitioning From One Au Pair To Another
- How to Prepare For and Conduct an Au Pair Telephone Interview?
- Can My Au Pair Drive?
- How to Prepare for an Au Pair?
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- The Ultimate Au Pair Guide
- Why Host An Au Pair | Question to Consider When Choosing to Host
- How To Get The Best Of The Cultural Exchange With The Host Children
- How to Help Your Au Pair Adjust to a New Culture
- Au Pairs: A Solution for Military Families
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Amy & Luke
- Safety Tips to Consider Before Hosting an Au Pair
- 5 Steps to Finding the Perfect Au Pair
- How to Help Your Homesick Au Pair
- What Can And Can't Your Community Counselor Do?
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Au Pair Summer Schedule
- How to Travel With Your Au Pair
- 6-Steps to Welcome your Au Pair
- Au Pair Schedule 101
- FAQ on Au Pairs Driving in the U.S.
- Host Family Guide to a Successful Year
- Single Parents Can Reduce Stress with Au Pairs in America
- Enrich The Lives of Your Family Through Cultural Exchange with an Au Pair Agency
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Christine & John
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- Hosting an Au Pair: True or False
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- Welcoming Your Au Pair
- 7 Au Pair Facts
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kelly & Micha
- Why Choose EurAupair
- The Second Au Pair Syndrome
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kati & George
- EurAupair Host Families Reviews
Au Pair Summer Schedule
Summer is in full swing all across the USA, and with children out of school it is important to design a new schedule for your au pair to ensure her work hours do not go over the daily & weekly limit allowed by the program. Here are a few scheduling tips for families hosting an au pair in USA this summer.
How to Avoid Over Scheduling
Summer time often means that children spend a lot more time at home than they otherwise would during the school year. Without proper preparation & planning, it can be easy to overwork your au pair, especially if both parents work outside the home. Despite the additional child care needs summer can bring, au pairs must not work more than 10 hours a day or 45 hours a week -- even if you have asked your au pair and/or offered additional compensation. Here are some ideas to consider in order to ensure summer hours comply with the au pair program regulations.
- Sign children up for summer camps (half days or full days).
- Encourage the children to attend summer school or other activities away from the home and from the care of your au pair.
- If necessary and possible, adjust the host parent's schedule to prevent both parents being away from the home for extended times.
- Ask the help of other family members, such as grandparents, if needed.
Involve Your Au Pair in Summer Scheduling
When school's out for the summer it's very important for host families to include their au pair int he conversation when scheduling her working hours. She can remind you of a vacation you & her agreed upon or of a class she signed up for, as is often a great time for au pairs to work on their educational requirements.
For more information regarding au pair schedules, or to learn more about hosting an au pair in USA, please contact the knowledgeable and dedicated staff at EurAupair today!