- EurAupair: Culturally Enriching, Convenient, and Affordable for 30 Years
- Au Pair and Pet Care | Can an Au Pair Care for Pets?
- Tips For Transitioning From One Au Pair To Another
- How to Prepare For and Conduct an Au Pair Telephone Interview?
- Can My Au Pair Drive?
- How to Prepare for an Au Pair?
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Boston
- Never say goodbye… | An Au Pair Reunion Story
- Things to Do With Your Toddler In Chicago
- The Ultimate Au Pair Guide
- Why Host An Au Pair | Question to Consider When Choosing to Host
- How To Get The Best Of The Cultural Exchange With The Host Children
- How to Help Your Au Pair Adjust to a New Culture
- Au Pairs: A Solution for Military Families
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Amy & Luke
- Safety Tips to Consider Before Hosting an Au Pair
- 5 Steps to Finding the Perfect Au Pair
- Four Ways to Help with Homesickness When You Host an Au Pair This Holiday Season
- What Can And Can't Your Community Counselor Do?
- 6 Fun After School Activities for Host Families and Au Pairs
- Au Pair Summer Schedule
- Taking Your Au pair On Vacation
- 6-Steps to Welcome your Au Pair
- Au Pair Schedule 101
- FAQ on Au Pairs Driving in the U.S.
- Host Family Guide to a Successful Year
- Single Parents Can Reduce Stress with Au Pairs in America
- Enrich The Lives of Your Family Through Cultural Exchange with an Au Pair Agency
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Christine & John
- Can au pairs provide child care over the holidays
- Hosting an Au Pair: True or False
- What do you do to entertain a 20-year-old when you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 20?
- Welcoming Your Au Pair
- 7 Au Pair Facts
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kelly & Micha
- Why Choose EurAupair
- The Second Au Pair Syndrome
- Au Pair Host Family Story: Kati & George
- EurAupair Host Families Reviews
Enrich The Lives of Your Family Through Cultural Exchange with an Au Pair Agency
Most of the discussion about au pairs centers on the services that they provide to working parents, especially child care relief and domestic support. What sometimes gets lost in the discussion are the benefits that au pairs can provide to your children. By integrating your EurAupair au pair as a true member of your family, you will understand the real meaning of a cultural exchange and see its many benefits for your children.
Young women decide to become au pairs to care of children and become part of an American family. They want to immerse themselves in the host family's culture, language and traditions, but the exchange of culture in such an intimate setting is never only one-way.
Knowing a foreign language is so important in today's world that most high schools and colleges mandate several years of study in one to graduate. With your au pair, you can have an opportunity to expose your children to another language.
An au pair agency will allow you to sort through potential au pairs based on where they come from, or the native language that they speak. If your children are interested in France, hiring a French au pair will expose them to the world in pressure-free and fun way.
Food is another way for your family to be exposed to a different culture. Chances are your French au pair will enjoy making Nutella crepes on Mardi-Gras or a Raclette in the winter; or your children will become a fan of Bratkartoffeln for dinner if you are hosting a German au pair!
Every culture has its own music, art, and traditions, and through your au pair, your children will have the opportunity to learn about those cultures. An au pair from Italy may teach your children about Rome, or a Portuguese au pair may teach them folk dances from Portugal. The exposure to elements of culture from around the world will make your child a more curious, and a more well-rounded world citizen.
Finding child care help through an au pair agency like EurAupair is about much more than hiring an employee. For your children, you open a window into the broader world, and provide them with opportunities to learn and experience foreign cultures in a way that few others can.